For the curious, I was born in 1949, but still try to behave like it was 1969.
That gets harder every year, but I haven't resorted to playing shuffleboard yet.
I'm an outdoor-oriented person.
My favorite pastimes range across
horseback riding, hiking, and horsepacking in the mountains;
cross-country skiing and snowshoeing;
kayaking and canoeing, white-water or flat-water;
sailing; fly fishing;
scuba diving; and
exploring odd places by about any non-motorized means.
I like bird and animal watching, if I can sit still and stay warm long enough.
I'm trying to play my banjo more.
I'm improving, but then, there's lots of room to improve...
I used to do a fair amount of
downhill powder skiing,
cycle to work,
and play tennis.
Used to because
my back is now somewhat trashed,
there aren't too many tennis courts around here
and I don't have a partner to play with.
I'm somewhat of a computer geek,
that having been my profession since 1967.
There's not a lot here, and the layout stinks;
someday I'll have time to work on that.
A good rainy day project.
You'd think a computer geek would do better,
but there are way to many interesting things going on in the real world
to spend too much time punching keys on a computer anymore.
This site is primarily a means of distribution of photos to friends and family.
- Kurt and I climbed Drip Buttress in Blodgett Canyon
- We marched by the thousands in Helena
- Dona and I explored New Zealand!
- Ian and Jenny visited with Autumn and Hayden
- My Aunt Lynn died
- My friend Claudine and I climbed No Sweat Arete in Mill Creek in the Bitterroot Valley
- I had a great trip down the Green River in Desolation and Gray Canyons with old friends, the Reese family
- Grand Nephews Jack and Sam Came for a Visit
- Climbing at Mulkey Gulch
- Climbing at Smith Rocks, Oregon
- It's been a long while since I took a Trip down the Smith River
- Slides from a Spring 1973 climb of Table Rock, South Carolina
- Slides from a 1972 trip to Table Rock State Park, South Carolina
- The ground just upriver from us was thinned to promote forest health
- Dylan had a soccer match
- Dona and I helped out at the annual Blackfoot Valley Trumpeter Swan release
- Wayne Trzyna and I floated Young's Creek and the South Fork of the Flathead
- We returned to Ecuador with Ram and Dawn for more birds, butterflies and cool stuff, and great soups!
- We visited my family in Colorado for Thanksgiving
- Wow! We spent the whole summer teaching in Namibia!
- We counted Sage Grouse strutting their stuff
- Dona and I went to Tanzania. Wow!
- Dona, Sid and I hiked up Lake Mt.
- The Ovando School had a great Holiday Play
- Aidan and Riley had a school concert
- March visit to Rowe Sanctuary in Nebraska to see Sandhill Cranes
- A tree fell on the tree house...
- A Spring Trip to the Bison Range
- Bees, Sailing and Repairs in Belize and Guatemala
- I hiked up Napa Ridge to peak at the other side of Swan Peak.
- Dona and I went for a hike around Clearwater Lk.
- Sid came home on leave and we hiked up Sunday Mt.
- In May 2011 (yeah, I know, I'm slow...) we drove to the east coast
- We took part in the Ram and Dawn Wedding Games!
- Great Grandma Dorthy played in the Springs Kitchen Band
- A Float on the Blackfoot
- A Quick Tour of Belize with Sid
- Blackfoot Valley Swan Reintroduction 2013 Release
- The Ovando School had its traditional May Day Tea
- Sid sailed through Army Basic Training
- Fun Pack Trip in the Bob with Steve, Andrea, Adin and Zia
- We drove to Port Townsend, Washington, to learn something from our neighbor
- Dona and Sid and Max and I hiked part way up Ovando Mountain
- Whoooooooooooeeeee! We visited Borneo, Tasmania, and Hawaii
- It's snowing, and we needed a bridge across the river so we can ski...
- WooHoo! Pack Trip to the Sun River, Chinese Wall, and Prairie Reef
- Pepper Spray and Fatigue -- Comic Relief near Gray Wolf in the Mission Mountains
- Overnight Trip on Bowman Lake in Hunky Dory
- Installing radiant hardwood floors
- Wow! Birding in Ecuador with Ram, Dawn, Joe and Esther
- Spring Float on the Dearborn
- Sledding with Dylan and Mya
- Winter 2009-10 excursion to Honduras
- Pack Trip in Birch Creek Country along Corrugate Ridge
- Sambo's First Pack Trip
- Ride and Hike with the Portland extended family
- Ovando July 4 Parade
- Missouri River Breaks Canoe Trip
- Scapegoat Pack Trip
- Dona and I got married!
- Pictures of dad
- Winter Excursions in Central America (2007 - 2008)
- Looking for Wolves
- A Short Ski up the River
- Hiking in Glacier
- Ian and Trudy visit!
Bear vaults are sold as a great way to protect your food from grizzly bears in the backcountry.
The bears can't open them — great!
It's pretty dang near impossible for people to open them also ... not so great.
Here's how to save your thumbs and maintain wilderness silence by avoiding cursing.
When we built a riding arena 25 years ago, we made the mistake of having it insulated.
Here's why you shouldn't do that.
Pack trips, hikes and float trips in and around Montana.
A few interesting trips done in the past.
Sorry I don't have the good trip pix from the Koktuli, Ongivinuk or Nayorurun (Kashiak Cr.) up;
need to do scan the old slides.
I don't have an underwater camera, so don't look for much here.
Maybe one of these days I will get a housing and learn to take some underwater shots.
My professional life has consisted pretty much of computing,
if you don't count the time I was raising sheep.
But I was computing then, too.
Pictures of Dad
Pictures of Aunt Lynn
Pictures at Christi's after Rick died